The Jr. Underwriter is responsible for providing support to the Underwriting Team. The Jr. Underwriter will be involved in pre-underwriting review on several types of mortgage loans, but not limited to, conventional, FHA, government (VA, USDA), etc.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Reviews/analyzes loan files submitted for borrowers to ensure file meets loan program requirements. Includes individual analysis of Loan application, Credit profile/report, Debt and assets, Income/financial statements, Loan values/loan-to-value ratios and Appraisal reports.
• Collateral and supporting documentation.
• Conditions files for missing/supporting documentation.
• Revisits loans to review and clear conditions for the underwriters.
• Must be able to effectively present information to internal partners and answer questions.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 3+ years of recent Mortgage Underwriting Experience (FHA, VA and Conventional).
• Strong agency guideline knowledge
• DE, SAR and LAPP certifications are a plus
• Strong working knowledge of ATR/QM Requirements
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• High integrity and outstanding work ethic required
• Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Must have proficient written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of compliance and disclosure requirements
• Knowledge of closing, post-closing & quality control responsibilities
• Excellent time management and organization skills.
• Languages: English a must / Spanish a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000 – $70,000 – Per Year
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Employee discount
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour-shift
• Monday to Friday
• In office and / or Remote