Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform mortgage credit analysis, with or without the assistance of an automated underwriting system to determine Borrower’s willingness and ability to repay the mortgage debt.
- Knowledge of FNMA, FMLMC, and FHA documentation and general guidelines/standards.
- Experience with VA, and USDA is a plus.
- Validate loan application and supporting documentation and verify that the system of record reflects correct information. Update system of record when required.
- Review and validate income, asset, credit, title, value, and fraud reports.
- Ensure all required property information is in system.
- Confirm government required documents are complete and accurate.
- Review title information and purchase contract, if applicable.
- Run and review quality control tools.
- Run, review, and interpret DU, LP. And Total Score-Card, when applicable.
- Document system with all dates and information.
- Maintain production standard goals as established by management.
- Ability to act as FHA, DE, and/or VA Automatic and SAR Underwriter, if not, should be pursuing these designations (based on lending authority level).
- Order and review MI based on loan program.
- Ensure that system of record matches MI certificate.
- Approve and/ or deny loans and update the system accordingly.
- Re-underwrite loans when additional information has been received.
- May be asked to second sign loan decisions for lower level authority underwriters.
- May occasionally be required to provide training for and mentoring to Junior Underwriters.
- Answer and research general underwriting scenario and guideline questions via email and phone.
- Complete all required underwriting worksheets and checklists.
- Assist in resolving post-closing suspense issues.
- Must be able to evaluate and analyze complex income tax returns to establish qualifying income.
- Other duties as assigned.
- DE Certified
- Recent Underwriting experience in the mortgage industry is a must
- High school diploma or equivalent required; College degree preferred
- Experience with (AUS) automated underwriting systems
- Working knowledge of loan program products and services, and policies essential
- Knowledge of paperless file environment and image software repository
- Genuine commitment to customer service
- Solid organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proven aptitude to work in both a team and individual environment
- Minimum of five (5) years underwriting experience.
- Bachelors preferred.
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel to agent and broker, carrier, and employer meetings.
- Ability to work in a highly automated, paperless environment, including specialized software packages.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office Suite
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000 Plus OT.
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off